Saturday, February 22, 2014

"If you're putting on a huge banquet" Quick write


Quick write
You are putting an a huge banquet. All of your friends and relatives are coming. You have plenty of money to spend on food and drink for this celebration. It is going to be the best feast ever. What will you serve?

What kind of banquet is this? The first thing I need to do is to figure out the purpose of this huge banquet. Well, If I'm putting on a banquet, those whom I will invite should be the ones who are somewhat related with church life. In fact, I'm pretty much used to having home parties; I call them home meetings though. I have at least three home meetings a week. Mostly, I'm the one who's invited because I'm a full-time student; however, sometimes, I also invite some people.
According to the bible, man was created as a tripartite man: body, soul, and spirit. (Thessalonians 5:23) Therefore, I would not call it the best feast if I only provide physical food. The best feast would be the one where people can fully rest, be comforted, and satisfied. Since I have plenty of money, I will call several best friends and by them lunch (or dinner) in a decent restaurant to have fellowship about how we could arrange everything for the upcoming banquet. And then, we will meet two more times praying, having a fellowship about the practical matters.
In terms of food, I'm not a picky person at all, so I really don't know what kind of food would be the best. But, I'm sure one of my friend would have something come up in her mind. Such a cooperation will surely lead us to have the best feast ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment