Sunday, March 30, 2014

March 30th, 2014


1.
My housemates and I went to St. Edward to see Blue bonnets blossoming and take some pictures with those flowers as background. To me, it's really interesting to know that some people in the world come up with the blue flower when they think of spring. I've never considered blue one of colors for spring; rather, what I usually expect is soft pink color - Cherry blossom.

2.
Today's Prophesy Meeting
Week22: Two Wells - Two Source of Living
Gen. 21:15-34

Gen. 21:33 "And Abraham planted a tamarisk tree in Beer-sheba, and there he called on the name of Jehovah, the Eternal God."

Even though I didn't get to share my portion this morning, there's something that I enjoyed during this week. I haven't experienced homesick yet, but there's one thing I can't get used to - taking a city bus. On my way back home on last Wednesday, I couldn't do anything on the bus for the whole hour (It usually takes me 45-50 minutes) because I was so tired. I just kept dozing off, but it made me more exhausted since the bus was really bumpy. When I got off at the bus stop near my place, I said to the Lord, "Thank You Lord for dropping me off." I was just so thankful that I could get out of that crazily bumpy bus.  

I took the same bus the very next morning, but this time, it was joyful to be on the bus. I prayed over the verse Gen. 21:33; suddenly, I became happy realizing that a mortal man like me can call on the name of the Eternal God. I prayed, "Lord, I call on Your name, the Eternal God this morning. Some failures that I had yesterday are not real because they pass away. Even my success is not real. But, You are the only One who's true and real. You're hidden, concealed, and mysterious God, yet I can call on Your name! You can be experienced and expressed through men. How You're so available and real to me!"

The tamarisk tree planted by the well of an oath in Beer-sheba pictures the flow of the riches of life, the issue of the experience of the tree of life. The Bible connects the planting of the tamarisk tree with calling on a new title of the Lord, the Eternal God. If we want to call on His newly unveiled title, El Olam, we need to have this tamarisk tree experience.

I couldn't help but sang a song on the bus, of course in a quiet voice. "How mysterious, yet how real! God as life to man is shown! God Himself now flows in me!"


---
My host grandmother shared on the same verse that I enjoyed. Here's what she spoke - paraphrased:
One characteristic of the tamarisk tree is flexibility. The branches easily move as the wind blows. The characteristic of the human is different. We begin to get set and want to be settled since when we're 20.
You know, Bill and I are in our seventies. It would seem that we had to fade into the background, but this life keeps bubbling up. It seems like it has no realization of how old we are. This life is indestructible and never changing. It just keeps going! Source determines outcome. When we drink from the well of life, we receive His life and the life is the eternal life!






1 comment:

  1. Wow, your host grandmother seems really wise! I like her analysis, and I appreciate your expressions of joy in the every day monotony of life. I also appreciate your observation of how different colors and different flowers represent spring. The actions of plants are such a natural, local phenomenon that varies from place to place. Thanks for reminding us of that!

    ReplyDelete