Thursday, May 8, 2014

A testimony at the Monday night home meeting when covering 'live grace-enjoying life for God's good pleasure'



a lot of energy and zeal to serve the Lord. There was nothing wrong with that. I mean, we just loved the Lord, and we wanted to do things. We just set about to do because we didn't really have this wonderful ministry back then, so I was doing a lot of things in serving. I couldn't stop myself. I didn't know that I was supposed to stop my self. But the Lord has a way. And basically that big stopping was four children in five years. That stopped me. That was the Lord's way of stopping me. I knew it was the Lord. I didn't understand why. I just thought it was good - what I was doing, but He stopped us.I wish I could say that was the end of my self back then, that was just his getting my attention. but day by day we lay ourselves aside and we check in and inquire of the Lord, "Who are you doing this? Are You in this?" Even all the little minor details. What to prepare for the home meeting? What to cook? That has to be the Lord. or else just ends up being hard to do. takes too much energy and you get tired and worn out. but if you 're enjoying the Lord and if grace is there, something is worked into us that produces something the Lord can enjoy. It is not easy to explain, but there's a big difference between self effort and doing things by grace.

A testimony at the Monday night home meeting when covering 'live grace-enjoying life for God's good pleasure'

[Recording 16]

No comments:

Post a Comment